Started in 1979 by Dr. Robert L. Metzger, Radiation Safety Engineering, Inc. is a consulting firm located in Chandler, Arizona.
With over 35 years of experience, we offer a complete radiochemistry laboratory and support services to users of radiation producing machines and radioactive materials.
Some of our services include:
- Radionuclide testing for drinking water and environmental samples
- Training for radiation safety officers and users of radioactive materials
- Calibration of survey instruments
- Shielding design
- Solubility testing for airborne radionuclides
- Sealed source leak tests
- Determination of long-lived contaminants in cyclotron-produced radiopharmaceuticals
- Internal dosimetry
Dr. Metzger received his Bachelor of Science with distinction in Nuclear Engineering from the University of Virginia in 1973. After moving to Arizona, he completed his Master of Science degree in 1978 and performed research at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. In 1997, he completed his PhD in engineering with a dissertation on the Solubility Testing of Actinides on Breathing Zone Air Samples.