Upcoming Classroom Dates: Online
Also Available Online: Yes
Class Fee: $175
Location: Radiation Safety Engineering Classroom or Online
Length: 8 Hours (Broken Into 13 Segments)
Sample Clip: Click here for a sample of the short course.
The single day (eight hour) Radiation Safety Short Course is intended for industrial users of radioactive materials and radiation producing equipment. The short course meets the Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency’s training requirements for users of radioactive materials and for performance of sealed source leak checks on industrial sources. The short course is also approved by the Mine Safety and Health Administration.
The course is available in both the classroom or online at a cost of $175.00 per person. The classroom course is typically taught at Radiation Safety Engineering on scheduled intervals throughout the year, but if a large enough group exists elsewhere, the course may be taught at remote sites for an additional fee. The online version of the course is broken into 13 segments and is available for signup and completion year round.
Short Course Topics Include:
- Atomic Structure
- Characteristics of Ionizing Radiations
- Units of Radiation and Radioactivity
- Sealed Source Leak Checks
- Types of Ionizing Radiations
- Radiation Shielding Principles
- Units of Radiation Risk
- Use of Pocket Dosimeters
- Dose Estimates for Gamma Emitting Nuclides
- Acute Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiations
- Long Term Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiations
- Typical Radiation Doses – Background, Medicine, and Industry
- Dose Limits for Occupationally Exposed Individuals
- Techniques for Limiting Radiation Doses to Personnel
- Radiation Warning Signs
- Shipping Labeling Requirements
- Selection of Radiation Survey Instrument
- Laboratory On Use of GM Survey Meters
- Laboratory Specific to Course Attendees
In order to sign up for an upcoming Radiation Safety Short Course please enter your registration information below. The cost for this course is $175. We will contact you at the phone number provided to arrange payment for the class and instructions will be emailed for accessing and completing the online course, if applicable. Payments via check, American Express, MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
Please use the form below to register.